Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pittsburgh is #2!!!

Not in Power Rankings--I think the popular #4 ranking is correct--but in NFL fan experience, as rated by Sports Illustrated.

I was unlucky to never see a Stiller game at Three Rivers, but I've seen a few at Heinz Field. It was a great experience--the awesomeness of both the food and the memorabilia of the Great Hall beats out the cheesiness of the Ketchup Bottle. You have to love the Visitors endzone being unmarked too. That's old school.

I've also seen a Ravens home game, and I have to admit that particular game was extremely exciting--the Ravens scored 14 unanswered points to tie in the last 5 minutes and beat the Seahawks in OT. However, the announcer played up every 3rd down by the Seahawks to get the crowd to make noise, which to me says that the Ravens don't trust their fans to "read and react" and make enough noise on their own.

Guess what: the Steelers do.

No comments: